Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The older I get

The older I get:

The less patient I have become with the younger generations.
The less time I can take to wait to pee
The more set I have become on what I like and dislike
The more willing I am to try new things
I watch less television
The more I read
The more I cherish time with family
The more I cherish the peace and quiet in just petting my dog
The more I look forward to retirement
The fact that I am even thinking about retirement
The more I wish I had invested in my 401k's at a younger age
The more seriously I would have taken school
The more I am thankful for how my parents raised me
The more my parents become my friend
The more my parents friends become people I want to spend time with
The younger 20 somethings start to look
The more I appreciate a nice glass of wine
The more important comfort becomes when picking clothing
The less I worry about what other people think
The less time I spend worrying about how clean my house is
The more time I spend just being with the hubster
The louder the music seems
The dumber the young people of this world seem to be
Or is that just more innocent?
Or inexperienced?
The more I look for timelessness vs. trendy
The more I appreciate the arts

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

and thanks for repeatedly appreciating my art!
I like being older. A lot less anxiety about growing up. I am there! But its true about peeing more often, who knew?

Kell said...

If only we could have had this knowledge when we were in our 20s. I'm slowly settling into feeling content. It sure took long enough!

Jay said...

It's amazing how much our tastes and beliefs change as we get older.

g-man said...

Word.

Anonymous said...

Well said.