Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday ramblings

First, I owe you a pair of shoes from yesterday. My apologies. I totally forgot to start the WWC post with my Peek-a-Boo shoes. Shame on me.

And, since this is a new post: Here is another pair of shoes. Also with a Peek-A-Boo toe.













Ok, let's see:

We have been promised storms, thunder, lightening, hail. And I'm not complaining mind you. I'm grateful we aren't flooding or being plagued with tornado's. But come on! I would like one good thunder boomy this spring. We haven't really had any to speak of. At least not at my house.

I love the thunder storms so loud the house shakes. I love standing out in the rain with the hubster watching the lightening flash all over the sky.

What else.................
oh, here's a few more pictures from my trip to Como. Sorry for the repeat of the sloth but dad wanted to see what other pictures I took so I figured it was easy enough to put him in the slide show.


I am hoping the weather is nice and I can head to the Minnesota zoo one day. Call in sick to work and go spend a day with the animals. Right now I'm avoiding the place because they just opened a huge new exhibit. Russian Grizzly Coast or something like that.

We have family stuff planned for the weekend. Well, it IS father's day. Oh crap! That reminds me, I have to mail my brother's First Father's Day card. I mailed dad's and my Uncle's but totally forgot his. Dang..............

Today at work I was working on a presentation. And the word "City" looked wrong. And the more I tried to figure out how to spell "City" the more the rest of the words looked wrong. Has this ever happened to you? Hell, at some point "the" looked misspelled. I hate that.

I think we will have chicken chili and cornbread for dinner. Trader Joes makes a really good chicken chili. They also have this fantastic gnocchi dish. WOW! Best gnocchi I have had since my Great Grandmother's homemade stuff. It's in their frozen entree section. It's Gnocchi al Gorgonzola. YUMMY! Oh, and their new vanilla wafers aren't bad either. Bits of vanilla bean right in the cookie.

Can you tell I skipped lunch????

Though my co-worker did bring me a piece of her homemade rhubarb pie. That was mighty tasty as well.

Not a very good lunch though.............

Ok, I've rambled enough. Cheers!

4 comments:

Jo said...

My tummy just now start rumbling. I love so many things at Trader Joes. And yes, the spelling thing happens to me all the time...just never when I'm actually spelling something wrong :P

Jay said...

This post would have made me hungry if I hadn't had a BIG BBQ sandwich this afternoon from Bodacious Bar-B-Que! If you ever come through here, you should try it. It's amazing!

The spelling thing happens to me too cause I'm the worlds worst speller. So I'm sure I'm spelling something wrong all the time. Even if I don't get the little red line underneath the word.

gary rith said...

hey, there's a little tat playing peekaboo too, will you tell us what it is?

Reb said...

Love the shoes, that black pair is my favorite so far!

I always get that when I am tired, I can spell the big words, but then I look at the little ones and think HUH?

We don't have Trader Joes, I have to scrounge now.