Friday, June 06, 2008

My new musical love affair

There are only two radio stations I listen to on any regular basis. The Classical Music station or Jack Fm which pretty much plays nothing but 80's hits.

So to say I am not hip on the latest music is an understatement.

I find my music obsessions in the oddest place. Not the radio like most of the world. No, I find them on TV and in movies. You know, those songs they throw in the background when they want you to "feel" something. Or set the mood.

So I jot down as much of the lyrics I can and then do a lyrics search till I figure out who it is.

A while back I discovered: Mat Kearney because of the song Breathe In Breathe Out being used on some show I was watching.









Then, while watching Bionic Woman I fell in love with Sia's Breath Me.

Hmmmm, I just realized both have "breathe" in them. Coincidence? Totally.

And now for my latest Love Affair: Thanks to Graham Norton.

Last Friday night he had One Republic on. From the second they started playing I was in love.

So Saturday I headed to Target and picked up their album.

It's FANTASTIC. I love it. And the more I listen to it, the more I love!

They have a Coldplay sort of sound.

It's been playing non-stop on the iPod. The hubster laughed when he saw the cd sitting on my computer downloading to my itunes.

Really, this is one of those rare albums that I can honestly say doesn't have one bad track on it.

2 comments:

gary rith said...

you KNOW I trust your taste in music so here I go to find out more...

Christy said...

I do love One Republic. And Mat Kearney though I've never been much for Sia. But I'll have to give it another go. =o)