Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Only 3 shopping days left

Ahhh, California. I have just returned from a week+ stay in the great sunny state. And let me tell you, I have become spoiled in God's country. I feel like the Indian in the old commercials about litter where he just looks out at the destruction of nature and a tear runs down his cheek. Yep, that was me for 8 days. I am appalled at what has been done to that state. The home I knew so many years ago is gone. And in its place is a fake plastic overcrowded mess. I get claustrophobic just being there, and I feel the need to tear at my throat to get air to breath. I know that things change, but dang. Sometimes you really can't go home again........

Aside from the tears on my cheek I had a wonderful visit with my family. It was so good to see them. To laugh, talk about the old days, and just enjoy each other. I truly valued my time with them. We don't get enough time with our families. It's never enough.......

Now I am home again. The snow blankets the cities and it truly feels like Christmas. I love Minnesota. It's good to be home..............

No comments: