Thursday, December 08, 2005

1 missing car, 1 fabulous dress, and two funerals

Well,

It's been an interesting 12 hours.

We got home from work last night and pulled up farther in front of our house than normal. We were also one car short of our usual line-up. Stolen? No, not that lucky. Actually the city towed it on us for failure to move it for a certain amount of time. And that's cause WE CAN'T - see previous blogs on our currently being constructed garage. In other words you're da**** if you do and da**** if you don't.

Well, last night was also mall night with Sarah and Fred. So, off I went. A little late, but I still got to go. And we had a marvelous time. Sarah needed to find a dress for a formal event. And did we find the perfect gown for her. She looks amazing. I almost cried she looked so good. Even the wonderfully helpful sales clerk at Bloomingdales was excited for her. It truly looked magnificent! I told Sarah it was the equivalent of finding THE wedding dress. It's just magical.

So, now it's Thursday morning. Off we go to spring the truck from jail. Which means we are late to work. Which is okay, it went smoothly. No big deal. And we do have the truck back :-)

Thank You Jerry for letting us squat at your car port :-)

Then this morning my cell phone rings. It's my mom. My uncle, who was married in October, lost his new wife to a brain aneurysm. She collapsed after dinner Tuesday.

And because I'm not quite done on the emotional rollercoaster I read my friends blog and find out that her dog died. We were roomies many years ago and I just loved that dog. She was also Max's first dog friend. I adopted Max while she and I were roommates. Malia and Max were very good friends and had loads of fun together.

So, there you have it, 1 missing car, 1 fabulous dress, and two funerals.

No comments: