Monday, October 24, 2005

Winter hues

Well, fall has come officially. We are still blessed with days of warm weather and sunny skies. We have started to prepare for the big hibernation. Flannel sheets on the bed. Down comforters piled high. And sweaters brought out from the attic.

It's a beautiful time of year here. I am thankful for the seasons. I think it helps you to appreciate life more. Sunny and 70 year round makes you take life more for granted. It's weird but it's one of the things I have discovered since moving to Minnesota.

I look forward to snow. The dogs have so much fun playing. They have a new energy they don't always have in the summer time. Sophie loves to bury her toys in the snow and then dig them out.

There are reasons to look forward to winter.........................

I normally love fall and winter because it means football season. But this year we find ourselves burying our heads in the perm-a-frost.

I am currently reading Milk Glass Moon by Adriana Trigiani. It's the third book in a trilogy. Though I understand a fourth book is in the works. Hmmmm..... so much for her calling it a trilogy.............................

I am currently addicted to the HBO series Rome. It's awesome! I can't say enough great things about this show.

Lastly, I will close with a thought:

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh."

No comments: