Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Animal freak


Well, darn it all. I went browsing through petfinder (because I added it as a link on my main blogger page and wanted to make sure it actually worked) and dang if I didn't fall in love again. Her name is Lila and she has the same story as Sophie. Sheltie mix that was raised outside in a box. Her only purpose in life being puppies. She hates men, is terrified of strangers and has no clue how to be a dog. (the pet type)

So, I wonder if all 9 lb's of her would fit in our household. YES I know, I'm crazy. You don't have to tell me that. And YES, I know, we already have too many animals.

Michael told me she was welcome to join our household. And that he thinks between Max and Sophie that she would become quite the happy puppy. Or as we like to say, Max and Sophie would make her broken.

When I say broken I mean that in a loving way. Max taught Sophie to feel safe and to be happy. To play, run around, chase toys, and dig in the snow. But he also taught her to bark. A LOT! She didn't ever bark when we got her. He also taught her how to be crazy and hyper when we come home. In other words, he fixed her in some cases but broke her in others. And of course it's the brokenness that make you pull your hair out.

I think ultimately she will go to a different home. But darn if I don't want her.

No comments: