Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Harry distractions - the entertainment blog

Along with the rest of the world I am reading the newest Harry Potter book. I seem to have three states of existence, working, sleeping, and reading Harry. It's sad, I know. And perhaps many would say "Get a life" but some things are just worth a little selfish focus. And Harry Potter is one of them. There are few authors that I get selfishly engrossed in. James Lee Burke is one and Jasper Fforde is another.

I also treated myself to "Dead Like Me" season 2 on DVD. By far one of the best television series ever. Unfortunately it has gone the way of the Dodo. But the show will haunt it's fans far longer than George had the chance to haunt her family.

On the positive side the season premier of Stargate reunited two of the characters from another exceptional t.v. series Farscape. It was a pleasure to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black on the screen again. They have a dynamic and engaging screen presence and they are a welcome addition to an already excellent series.

So, as my day ends here at work I gather my purse, my lunchbox and my Harry and head out the door. Tonight I will curl up in my chair, put on some classical music and head back to Hogwarts..........

No comments: