Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deep in the heart..........

So where do you go when you are in Texas for a week? That's right, an Irish pub. What did you expect?

I spent just shy of 6 hours there with two guys I work with and I don't think we stopped laughing for more than 5 minutes total. Our waiter sat with us for a while. As did the host. Apparently we are the "fun" type of customer. We talked baseball and Minnesota, Favre and KG.

The weather was beautiful. A few drops of rain. Some fantastic lightening. And great company.

I have had barbecue and steak. But I have also had a philly cheese steak. And shephards pie.

Tonight we are heading to the cowboy boot mecca and a great barbecue joint.

Hopefully. Our fearless leader is sick as a dog. I just hope he lasts long enough to lead us to the promised land.

6 comments:

Jay said...

I love Irish Pubs. Always a good time there!

gary rith said...

Boots, yeow!

Kell said...

Mmmmmmmm, cowboys!

J said...

Boots and barbecue. Now you just need to get yourself a hat!

Anonymous said...

You lost me at cowboy boot mecca. I am drooling.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yea, my Texas rocks, right?!!!

Have a good one Gal!!!