Tuesday, September 02, 2008

WWC - This, Last, and bonus photographs!

Sorry that it has been a while. Lots of work to do. And we had two teenagers living with us for a week. They kept us very busy. But we had the most wonderful time. And then their folks and their other two sisters met us up at our cabin for the holiday weekend. It was a perfect couple of days. 8 people, 5 dogs, and 2 cats. Not to mention the bats in the garage :-) Our lil' house by the lake was filled with so much love and laughter. Simply wonderful.


Moody
As in Moody Girl we adore

Bright
Bright morning sun through our woods


And last weeks WWC:

Salty
Edamame
Sour
Sour gummi bear race

Bonus photos

River Otter
LoonSpider webs at dawn
Lil' Frog

Dew on Evergreen

8 comments:

gary rith said...

Tee hee, the little gummi bears!
What a nice set of pics. Hope your end of sumer has been nice, Newt, and will ya join us at potsblog with a joke?

g-man said...

All very good shots!! The first web one especially. The gummi bears was just disturbing ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! I would have been content just to walk in the woods, but then you gifted us with an otter, and a loon (for some reason, I love loons) and dewey spider webs and evergreen branches.
*sigh*

It sounds like you had a great time in the woods & at the lake. :)

Fortune Cookies said...

that sunlight through the trees is beau-ti-ful! and Edamame! YUM!!!! I loves me some dry roasted edamame!
that gummi bear race cracked me up, I must say.

Tink said...

LMAO @ the gummy race!!!

As I told you before, these pictures are just so dang impressive. I love the foggy morning shot.

Chatty said...

Oh - magnificent - I don't even know where to start!
That expression on Moody girl's face in the second shot is just pricelss - and perfect!
The otter is adorable - I have loved them ever since I read "Ring of Bright Water" as a child.
The spider web - OH! Just gorgeous! I would be even more excited about its beauty if I hadn't just found a black widow in my pantry the other night - having one INSIDE the house - in a web next to the can of flour I was reaching for - has temporarily discolored my enthusiasm for the beauty and skill that is showcased in a spider web *sigh*
Kind of like you were probably not too thrilled with all the bats ; )
And - I LOVE edamame, and the salt crystals shining on them is really a nice effect. I also love little frogs, and I'm wondering who came up with the idea of a gummi-bear race - and the name of the winner...

Reb said...

Wonderful photos! Love the sun through the woods and the gummy bear race is hilarious. The dew on the web and the evergreen are wonderful.

Aunt Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I can't even pick a favorite this week!!!

Mucho fabuloso!