Thursday, May 08, 2008

Zippitty Doo Dah!


It's been a quiet week in Newt's world. Work is still wonderful. Still LOVE my job. Yippee!


And the weather has been incredible.


First, I will tell the story of this picture:
I was with Mike at the Cathedral of St. Paul and we took tons of pictures of the place. There were maybe 3 other people in there as well. But of course, in Newt fashion I turn a corner and see the set up of candles. I don't know what the correct term is for them. Anywhoodle, of course what comes out of my mouth, not too loud, but not in my head was "Holy Shit, FIRE! What an awesome picture for WWC" I then did what I can only describe as a duck and hide just in case any lightening bolts headed my way.
On that same Mike's Visit note - he was with me when I purchased a bird feeder for the front yard. For the next few days the poor boy spent more time than he wanted to watching out the window for the first customers. Well, a week later the birds have finally figured out the feeder exists. And I have a photograph to prove it. However it wouldn't load in this post so I'll have to try it again tomorrow.
However this morning I did go out and take a few shots of the Spring that is Sprunging in my yard:
You saw this flower a few days ago but it was so pretty I had to take more pictures.

And this is up into the Maple tree. It's a spring show tree so we get these pretty groupings of flowers. The tree is crap for fall but we don't care. It's a beautiful tree. And look at that sky will you! It's BLUE. Clear, beautiful springtime blue!
And lastly, here is the little guy that was on the bird feeder but then flew off to sit in our beautiful maple tree. I liked the backlighting on this shot.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Love your hot pink shoes! Yay, you're finally having warm weather...it's so nice to see the green buds on the maple.

Those candles are just called "votives"...people light one after saying a private prayer, like for someone's health. When I was little I thought of them as "wishes" b/c it reminded me of throwing pennies in a well.

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes, as always!

The story behind the candle shot is hilarious.... If I haven't been struck by lightening, I would bet you are safe--even after saying shit in a church. ;)


You have waaaaay more pretty flowers than I do this year. Mine are very slow to come up. Just got my tulips, and daffodils... I think my yard tried to go on strike. I always love seeing your pretty, pretty flowers!!

gary rith said...

SPRING! nice pumps, btw, love the color

Christy said...

Clear beautiful springtime blue. *best description ever*

Fortune Cookies said...

that flower is gorgeous! from this angel the "little guy" from the bird feeder looks very much like an owl silhouette. nice shot. I'm pretty sure you wont get struck down with lightning for thinking "holy shit" in front of the vigil ;)

Tink said...

I want a bird feeder so badly. But I'm afraid with my dogs it's a pointless pursuit. *Sigh* I love yours though. Keeps us updated with "guest" photos so I can live vicariously through you. ;)