Friday, May 23, 2008

Murphy

Murphy made this set of laws and right now I'm a little resentful of the dude.


If life is going smooth you will hit a bump..................


See, that is why I called my last post The Calm Before the ??? - rang true. Life was peaceful, serene, happy. And then WHAM! All kinds of little tiny things piled up until I was buried.

Now being the positive person I am I do try to follow the "if life gives you lemons" sort of philosophy but when life seems to bury you under lemons it gets a tad hard to free up a hand to squeeze some lemonade out.

If you remove the flannel sheets from the bed it will get cold again!

and if you really want to screw yourself:

The day you change from the winter wardrobe to the summer one the temperature will drop a good 20+ degrees.

Let's just say we had frost alerts...................................grumble grumble

There are a few other piles of lemons right now in my life but I won't go into detail. It will bore you even more. Including the best boss ever has announced she is leaving.

I am however thankful that all my piles of lemons are things I can handle and get through. Nothing earth shattering has occurred. But I had enough stresses that I crawled into my shell and have not been seen since. .

And I apologize for that.

I am like an ostrich, i put my head in the sand at the first sign of trouble.

But enough already. I'm sitting up again. Face towards the sun.

I have way to much to be thankful for to let the little things in life get me down.

I will leave you with some pictures of all that is beautiful in my life:

Lily found the drippings under the grill - and got a little dripped on


Tulips in my yard

My apple tree
ground cover
A few views of my front yard

8 comments:

Jay said...

I'm glad you posted. I was starting to get worried!

Anonymous said...

I was starting to get worried too... And naturally, lost your phone #.... (yeah I suck, and am not a very good stalker)

Sorry to hear that there have been some sucky things happening... Hopefully they all resolve quickly!

And you get some down time this weekend!!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

You have beautiful tulips!!! I've always been afraid to try and grow them -- fear of failure. It goes from cold to the long, hot, humid summer in like two days here.

APPLE tree?! My kids want an apple tree. My son keeps burying the seeds in hopes they will sprout...I kindly remind him it might be a little too hot here for an apple tree. But, I never stifle the idea of the possibility ;-)

Lemons and Lemonade. Yea, me too. That's why I'm a Glass Half Full Gal...sometimes our perspectives are what helps us really get through things.

I got an idea? You oughta' go buy a new, cutie, cool, uniquely excentric, pair of shoes! ;-D

Jo said...

Aw, I was hoping your absence meant playing in the sunshine & not lemons. When life hands me lemons, I pelt those buggers right back LOL! I hope you have a great weekend to perk you up.

Loving the tulips & apple tree! Your pup looks so earnest with that dribble on her nose, very cute.

gary rith said...

LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kell said...

I love lemonade.

Sorry to hear your boss is leaving, that really sucks. Hopefully the new boss will be just as amazing.

I love tulips, too, and yours are so pretty. Next year, I'm having tulips in my yard!

Dianne said...

All your photos are great, I love ground cover and Lily is adorable.

We all have a right to bow a bit under the weight of the lemons. Glad you're bouncing back.

Krishna said...

Flowers are pretty. Mine are all DEAD now--too much summer heat already.