Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Random Tuesday

*I just bought the new Nora Jones album Not Too Late. It’s very good. Very mellow. Lowers the blood pressure. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What?

Oh, sorry, I nodded off there.

It’s not a boring album. I just haven’t had enough coffee yet today. So it’s overly relaxing me.

*I also fell on my butt this morning while shoveling. Forgot about the little ice rink we have going in the corner of the house.

*I love shoveling snow

*I have some gross stomach virus thing – not happy about it

*I told the hubby we need to go to Como soon. I’m craving heat and green. I have a feeling we’ll spend part of the weekend there.

*I’m wearing a velvet shirt today. I love velvet in winter.

*And I have on a fabulous pair of shoes.

*The other night I put on thermal pants and shirt before going to bed. This is totally uncharacteristic. I tank top or night shirt is usually the most I can tolerate. Especially since I wake up several times at night broiling. So imagine my shock, confusion, and surprise when I slept through the night. Twice now. I’m wearing more to bed and sleeping better. I don’t get it. I only wake up because I’m too warm. So how does more clothing fix that? Anyone?

*I still need to get coffee. I’ve been futzing with what to say. Reading emails as they come in. Etc. Oh, and still listening to Nora.

Be right back………………

*Ahhhh office sludge……………….it would make Juan Valdez weep.

*Well, back to work. I’m going to go home early. The chills are setting in.

6 comments:

steve said...

I suspect you are thermodynamically challenged.

Most women are, to some extent.

Betty said...

Sorry you're sick. But, that virus is sure going around. Jay and I had it when we were in Omaha, and Kell had to nurse us back to health just in time for Al to get it.

Tink said...

Oh no! Feel better. I'll say to you what my Mom always used to say to me...

"Drink lots of fluids!"

Which my gutterhead always translated into something dirty.

Tink said...

...or that involved rum. Because she never said what KIND of fluids. ;)

Jay said...

Wow, you're shoveling snow this morning and it's 68 degrees here today! But, it will be back below freezing by tomorrow.

Hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Get better quick! I was going to say to stay away from the rum, but it just might make you forget you are miserable, so what the heck!