Wednesday, February 14, 2007

As Conversations go......

So, I was out with Other Girl J on our daily walk around the sky way. And our conversation went something like this.

Other Girl J: So, I was meaning to ask you, what’s a blog? How do you find one? I mean, I know that people like authors have them but I was looking around and couldn’t really find anything.

Newt: Well it’s really just an on line journal.

Other Girl J: Well, I get that, but how do you set one up? How do you meet people? How did you meet all the people you did?

Newt: While thinking to self “Hah – Got her!” – “Well, they have this cool thing when you set up your blog where you list your interests. Like favorite authors. Then you can see all the other people that like that same author. You can read their blogs and if you like what they say read more and make comments.”

Other Girl J: Ok, but what do you write about.

Newt: All sorts of stuff. What you do, places you go, weird things at work or some place you go. Heck, talk about weird smells in the elevator.

Other Girl J: Weird smells in the elevator? But everyone already knows there are weird smells in the elevator.

Newt: SO? It makes for funny blog conversation. I talk about stuff we do, I posted pictures from our Conservatory trip over the weekend. Whatever.

Other Girl J: But how do you talk about people without using their names. Cause it can be anonomous right?

Newt: Oh, you give someone a nickname or use their initials. Like when I talk about you you’re Other Girl J.

Other Girl J: Other Girl J? What that sounds like I’ve been demoted. Like I’m an afterthought or something? Other Girl J?????

Newt: Well, I first talked about Girl J so I had to give you a different name.

Other Girl J: But Other Girl J? That’s just so, so, so,

Newt: Well, would you prefer like “Best Friend J?”

Other Girl J: Well, something, but not Other Girl J

Newt: Ok, I’ll think of something. And this conversation we are having, it’s funny, you could blog about a conversation like this.

Other Girl J: You’re going to do it too aren’t you?

Newt: Uh, yeah, this is too good not to. Want me to send it to you?

Other Girl J: Well, yeah. Just don’t send it to work.

Newt: OK

And a little while later, while walking to lunch with Girl J

Newt: So, I was talking to Other Girl J today about blogging.

Go over entire conversation with Girl J.

Newt: So I asked her, what? Would you prefer to be Best Friend J?

Girl J: Hey, what’s that all about? Best Friend J? Hey, what about me?

Newt: Smacks hand on forehead. Alright, Alright, I’ll find something else to call her.

Girl J: Well, hey, I’ll be generous and helpful here: Change me to Girl N and she can be Girl J. How’s that?

Newt: Oh, I’ll think of something to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, who knew that blogging could be so complicated? ;) Its like dating multiple people and having them find out about each other by accident.

Tink said...

This is why people name babies before they're old enough to complain about it. :D

Kell said...

That's too funny. Conversations about blogging always sound kind of surreal. And that's too cute that she wanted something besides "other" girl j. Too funny.

Jay said...

You know, if we could get a little first name variety this would be much easier. LOL

Anonymous said...

That's why I use nicknames for people I talk about. Of course, you thought Otter Pop was female, but that's a different problems I guess.