Saturday, February 17, 2007

Give a big warm blogger welcome

To Ellie who you have always known as "Other Girl J". She started up a blog this weekend. So go over and say Hello!


On a totally different note I went out with Girl J shopping. She needed to get some clothes and she wanted me to come along to help her think outside her fashion box. Plus we both had coupons for a free tote if we bought a pair of shoes. Yep, I know, twist my dang arm.
We both ended up with Guess shoes, both in black, both very sexy. We found a couple pairs of sandals that were simply Divine but it's 20 degrees out. And they were a tad spendy. We'll wait till they go on sale............good excuse to keep going back to check right???

Speaking of 20 degrees. In true Minnesota fashion we finally climbed up out of the negative and single digits today. And as happens every year we were practically naked. Ok, I'm exaggerating. But you'd be surprised how many people leave their coat at home or in the car. 20 freak'n degrees. And to us it feels tropical. The wind was a bit rough but still. It was funny to see.

Now remember, when we get temps that drop into the 60's in September we pile on the warm gear because we are freezing. It's all perspective.

We also went furniture shopping. She found a couch she is in love with. But it's in one of those trendy yuppie shops that sells the most god awful decor that you buy to look fashionable not because it is even remotely attractive or practical. Trust me on this folks, the stuff in that store screams interior decorator that designs a home that you feel you can't even sit down in. SO not my style - or hers for that matter. So we went to another nice furniture store in town to get some perspective. For price and for options. We found one simply yummy couch that we both liked. But the other one still had a few things that made it better. Then of course almost by accident I climbed into a leather couch. OH MY GOD - it was deep. I love that. So deep in fact that when you sat all the way to the back only our little feet stuck off the edge. It was a fabulous couch. I fell in love. If they would let me I would go there every morning with my book and my coffee and read quietly. You know, show how "livable" their furniture is. But I digress. For one, it was 2 grand. And for two, it was deep. The hubster likes to be able to sit on a couch and have his feet touch the ground. WHY????? Couches are supposed to be super cozy. Curl up in it and don't get off till work Monday morning. Oh well. With the 4 furry terrors we can't get nice furniture anyway. Though the leather wouldn't collect dog hair. Hmmmmmm And pee should just roll right off it.

It was a good day.

6 comments:

Ellie said...

I understand that you shouldn't over spend or over indulge, but there are times that things are so perfect that it's hard to pass up. I think of furniture the same way I look at purses you might spend a bit more, but you won't be replacing it as quickly as the couch you settled on and are now tired of. But I understand it's still a ton of money, so here's my suggestion find the equivalent in the form of a chair and put it in your reading room. But then again you might never leave the house if you do end getting the perfect reading chair and then we would all miss you.

Jay said...

I don't think anything in this world pisses me off more than furniture prices. It's beyond outrageous what they charge for simple chairs and couches.

Temps are heading for the upper 50s here! We will probably get one more cold snap though before spring really sets in.

graymama said...

We lucked out right before Buddy was born. Our friends decided their leather couch didn't match their new decor, so they gave it to us. FREE!

We never really use it though, so... :-)

Tink said...

I love the deep and squishy couches. Leather is out though with pups. My Mom bought nice leather couches about five months ago and they've already got tears in them from the dogs' nails. Talk about heartbreaking.

Glad to see you finally got Other Girl J on the bandwagon! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of soft leather furniture, but hate the tought of what all our critters would do to it.

I'm leaning towards dh's idea of just getting concrete slabs installed!

Kell said...

Mmmmm soft, squishy leather couches. I love that, too. One of these days, maybe.

We got into the low 40s--It's balmy!

Sound like you had a good Saturday.