Sunday, February 04, 2007

Happiness is:

Parking in downtown Minneapolis: $9.00
Tickets to Motorcycle show: $10.00
Food and beverages: $9.50

Getting to meet a blogger friend: Priceless

It was somewhere between -5 and zero here in the cities. The wind chills are hanging out around -15 to -40. So, it's a tad cold. But yesterday, driving into Minneapolis, parking and going to the convention center is felt like 70. I didn't even notice the cold all that much because I was looking so forward to meeting Kell of Tis Herself. As well as her hubby Al. They had come up for the day with a busload of fellow motorcycle enthusiasts to see the show.

We talked about all sorts of stuff. And did some people watching, motorcycle admiring, and for a while we had images of scooters running through our heads. Pretty ones with flowers :-). We talked about family (yes, Jay, for some reason you came up in conversation :-) ). We talked about puppies. And living in England and riding a bike into town to get the makings for dinner.

The time we had went too quick. And before we knew it they had to get on their bus to head home. But we are only about 6 hours apart. And I'm sure somewhere in the middle is the perfect little town to meet in for a weekend or something. Every town has the important things: bookstore, shoe shop, and fabric/yarn store.

Yesterday was a perfect day.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Maybe you can do it again when the weather is a little more agreeable and there is more time.

Kell said...

It was a great time. My only regret was that I forgot Al had brought the camera, so I didn't get any pictures. :(

Oh well, next time?

Betty said...

Glad you had a good time. Kell was really looking forward to meeting you.

steve said...

So cool to meet new friends. I didn't even know there was a motorcycle show in town this weekend, otherwise I might have dragged Melba over to check it out.

Tink said...

I'm so jealous... of both of you!! I'm glad you had fun, despite that weather. *Shivers* I would have been wearing a parka.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so envious! I'm happy you had a good time (Kell had good things to report as well). :)

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too! I'm so glad you all hit it off so well.

Um...I didn't realize people didn't turn into popcicles if it was below zero degrees! I didn't know how spoiled I am!