Thursday, February 15, 2007

A good Laugh and a good friend

Ice cream with Girl J today was the most fun I have had at work in ages. We sat at a little cafe table in the skyway and just chatted and giggled, and had fun. Girl J has always teased me that I am way too "nice" and I never say anything "mean" about anyone. She teases me that I need to have more "petty" moments. You know, random acts of making fun of people. Of course they REALLY have to earn it. There has to be a combination of say, big bleach blond hair, bright blue eye shadow, red hot leather pants, and maybe a shirt so tight that a boob is hanging out. Now, before my "education" began, I would just let it go. But Girl J has been encouraging me to at least "enjoy" the moment that deserves just a little mocking.

Newt: Oh, I almost forgot, while you were out of town I had a petty moment. And since you weren't there I had to call Grizo and share it with her.

Girl J: While cracking up: She told me! She called and told me you did that. And then she yelled at me for trying to corrupt quiet sweet Newt.

Newt: I can't remember what I was being petty about though. It was so good. You would have been proud of me.

Girl J: She wouldn't tell me what it was. But I told her that I have worked very hard at getting you to this level and under no certain circumstances was she to undo all my hard work.

Newt: Damn, I wish I could remember what it was.

Girl J: I wish you had been with us on Saturday. There was a girl in the hall that was just screaming - I had to. A perfect petty moment. So since you weren't there I shared it with BigMac and what did he say?

Big Mac: Now darl'n, that's not nice to make fun of that poor girl.

Girl J: That's why I wished you were there. You would have appreciated the petty moment.

Smoothie guy in skyway: Uh, you girls are having a litte too much fun over there.

7 comments:

Nettie said...

And I laughed all over again! "Big Mac"....how fitting.

Steven said...

I almost wish I could have been there...but that would have been weird...since no one whold know me and be creeped out by my presence. :)

Steve~

Tink said...

You HAVE to enjoy the petty moments girl. Because some day you're going to stumble out of your house with you hair smushed to the side of your head and last nights make-up on your arm and wearing mismatched socks (or other such blunders) and someone is going to laugh at you.

There's a chain of pettiness. And it has NOTHING to due with karma. You don't get passed up for being nice. Although I love that you are, of course. ;)

Tink said...

Due? Oy. DO.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are learning the fine art of pettiness...isn't it fun? :D

steve said...

I'm all for petty comments, as long as they're not about me, of course.

(check your stats for a hit from Belize!)

Jay said...

You know, I know it's not nice to make fun of people. And, I know that sometimes I can be mean. But, damnit, somepeople are just begging to be made fun of.

Besides, I'm sure I'm the subject of lots of people's petty comments. I'm fine with that.