Tuesday, February 20, 2007

20 thughtsthoughts for Feb. 20th

1. I wonder what women’s fashion would be like if we could pee standing up.
2. I organized my shoes on Monday. I have a lot of shoes.
3. I believe that statement just made for blogger blackmail
4. But I trust ya’ll out there not to share this with the hubster.
5. Or the fact that as I put shoes on the rack and threw the boxes into the bedroom I turned around to go answer the phone and realized I was trapped in the closet. I had built a shoe box fort and didn’t realize it.
6. It’s cute as hell when Lily puts her tiny little paws on my knee and reaches up to give me a kiss. My tiny little peanut. I just love her.
7. I’m very much in love with the hubster. He’s a good man.
8. I consider myself very blessed to have him in my life.
9. I love the new lip gloss I got this weekend.
10. I had breakfast with Ellie (formely known as Other Girl J) and Momma L on Sunday. We had a lot of fun.
11. I went to lunch with former co-workers and the hubster on Monday. We had Juicy Lucy’s at Matts. Giggles, Bruce, and Bri-Bri joined us. I only REALLY miss a few people from my old job. These are three of the main ones. It was good to see them.
12. The Simpson’s Movie looks like it’s going to be awesome.
13. This is going to be a fun movie summer – Harry, Simpsons, Spidey, Capt. Sparrow and I know I’m missing a few.
14. I’m not sure what it is but I find Christopher Eccleston to be incredibly sexy.
15. As Ellie mentioned, we are trying to have a mini book club and read The God of Small Things together its by Arundhati Roy. Only Ellie can’t get past page 7 and I’m on 107 and not sure if I want to keep reading. I guess the very fact that I am not sure probably says I should stop. Good grief I hate it when I have to debate putting down a book that is supposed to be quite good. It makes me feel like I might be missing something wonderful. Sigh……………..

Looking at reader reviews it’s all over the board from 5 stars to 1. Seems like people either loved it or hated it. Argh……….
16. For March Momma L, Ellie, and I have plans to read Life of Pi. I’ve been wanting to read it. And when I mentioned it they all said it was on their list. Sweet. It was nice to quickly find a book we were all interested in reading.
17. Any suggestions out there for April? Recommendations are welcome.
18. My co-worker Danny brought Dove chocolates to a meeting. Some of their wrappers have little sayings inside. Mine said “Love without rules” I have it pinned up in my cube. I think it’s three of the truest words.
19. Song currently playing on Ipod: Blue Eyes by Cary Brothers from the Garden State soundtrack.
20. Lefty calendar fact for the day: Just because you are left-handed doesn’t mean you’re left footed. Only 45 percent of lefties claim the left foot as their dominant foot.
21. I just want to be like Tink and not stop at 20.

7 comments:

Kell said...

#14--me too. Why is that?

I've been wanting to read Life of Pi, too. It's been recommended by several people to me. Hmmmm. And I need something to read on the plane . . .

And for April, have you read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time? That's been on my list for a long time, too.

Jay said...

"1. I wonder what women’s fashion would be like if we could pee standing up."

They can. It's just kinda messy.

Tink said...

Hoop caught me hovering over the toilet in the new house the other night. I haven't been able to clean it yet and I'm sure as hell not putting my ass on it. I wish I could pee standing up...

Almost as much as I wish I could fly.

WV: Mygeekr Niiiice. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm so far behind in my reading that I'm checking out books on cd. I'm listening to The Ruins by Scott Smith, but Life of Pi is next.

as to recommendations...

I loved The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

The Keep, by Jennifer Egan

Company: a novel and Syup by Maxx Barry

The War of Don Emmanuels Nether Parts, by Luis de Bernieres

Jpod, by Douglas Coupland

Apex Hides The Hurt by colson whitehead

Ellie said...

I tried to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime quite a while ago and just couldn't do it, but I have heard so many good reviews on it that I thought I would give it another try. Unfortunately, I will have to get it from the library because I gave my copy away. Also, I have been listening to books on CD a lot lately too, it's a great way to deal with traffic.

Anonymous said...

You know, I had the Life of Pi in my hand at the bookstore. I put it down for a moment and forgot all about it. I guess I need to head back and get it.

graymama said...

Hubby and Buddy are both lefties who have dominant right feet :-)

As for book recs, I gotta finish your meme now that I am well!