Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Born to Run

Born To Run, born to forget.........I should have written this crap down.

For a girl that grew up in Jersey in the 80's this is pretty much required reading.  The rock god, The Boss, the man himself has penned a memoir.  But completely aside from that, as I sit quietly and devour his story it becomes all to apparent to me that I screwed up.  I didn't write down much of anything and it would appear that I am not a person who remembers details, dates, names, or well, most things.  Crap.

Social media and the fact that blogger never deleted this thing is about the best way for me to track back information.

The lesson here: Diary, journal, blogging, hell even Facebook isn't a bad thing if for no other reason but to help a person remember their life.  All that living, all those experiences, and whose to say we will remember them a few years down the road.  Hell, I can't tell you what I had for breakfast let alone what I did back in 1986.

How Bruce has done it, if he kept a journal, or if he just has a WAY better memory than me, is impressive.  I am in awe of all that he remembers.  The tiny details, the names, places...........wow.

So there I sat today thinking about this.  And how do I get myself to at least start recording my life on a more regular basis.  It's only going to get worse for me memory wise.  And then I remember my faithful and trusty blog.  I miss it.  Of course I have said that before and quit......again......but I feel I should do something.  And why not try to get back into the swing of what you love.

And in case you are wondering, I am enjoying the book so far. 

No comments: