Monday, October 06, 2008

A Newt Dilemma:

How can I keep my job, do housework, play with my puppies, spend time with the hubster and still keep my nose in a book?

Any suggestions?

Dad made me, I repeat MADE me go out to the bookstore and buy a book called The Little Book by Selden Edwards.

He called me at least twice a day to see if I bought it yet.................

Now he calls me at least twice a day to find out where I am at in the book.

Yes, so far, it is THAT good.

I read the first 100 pages on Saturday up at the cabin. After I clean up the kitchen tonight I plan to read as many as I can. But then he has another book lined up for me that I HAVE to read. (The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski) And NOT because Oprah said to read it but because Mike said to read it.

So, please tell me, how can I be a functioning adult AND read a book non stop 24/7???

Cause I kinda want to..........................................

11 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

aw, hell, who needs to work anyway?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Perhaps you should just quit your job. That way you have more time to read.

:)

Anonymous said...

three words. Books On Tape. I love 'em.

Your pop mentioned that book to me, but didn't recommend it. I meant to ask him if he liked it. I guess I'm going to have find myself a copy.

J said...

I wonder how hard it is to get a job as a book reviewer?

Janet said...

I read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle in two days in my backyard the end of August and OMG...it IS that good!

Aunt Jackie said...

I dunno. I never get to do everything I wanna do. It sucks. Being an adult is too hard. Can I go back to Kindergarten?? :)

We all find a way to keep moving along even when life gets hectic though, don't we??

AJ

Reb said...

Books on tape are great...unless they then make it into a movie. The actor who read "Message in a Bottle" would have been much better than Costner so I have never seen the movie. On the other hand, there is nothing quite like the feel of the book in your hands and turning the pages as fast as you can.

Yeah, that was no help, sorry!

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew...
When I get caught up in a book, nothing else gets done. Nothing.
No sleep, no cooking, no cleaning, no anything. It is a dangerous place to be, a wonderful & guilty pleasure.

My dh commutes with books on tape (cd). At least that would make driving to and from work rewarding!

g-man said...

That's why I listen to books on tape (CD) in the car to-from work :)

Kell said...

If you figure it out, please let me know! I have the same dilemma, except without the work. You'd think that would make everything easier, but I just added more things that I want to do.

Michael Knight Rambo said...

Time travel.