Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Scattered

I have a deadline at work that might kill me

I feel like summer is rapidly approaching its deadline

I haven't seen my front yard in weeks let alone watered it or weeded it

Lord knows if I have any plants left

My house hasn't been cleaned in months

I don't even know where my dining room table is

Rumor has it we own one

For that matter, I'm not sure where any clean underwear are either

There is something in the fridge that smells really bad

But considering there is nothing but condiments in there I don't even know where to start looking

I have several WWC pictures on my computer

Somewhere

For what week I no longer know

I have stuff I would like to blog about

Blogs I would like to read

But deadlines are looming

Like big ugly monsters with giant sharp teeth

If I didn't love my job

I'd be playing in the freeway right now

The children are coming

There is no bed for them to sleep in

Gotta clean

Gotta pick up and put away

Gotta gotta gotta

I must sound scattered

Maybe a little stressed

A little over a month from now I will hit my deadline

Will I coast into it?

Or do a head on at 70?

I guess we will see..................

But also

I have a print out on my desk that tells me that 82 days from now

I can breathe

I can relax

I can spend time with a very good friend

I can meet a very good friend for the very first time

And we can celebrate

2 comments:

Coffespaz said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we had our own little pocket genies whom we could summon evertime we are a bit overwhelmed in life. We could write a list down of all the things that we need to take care of and hand it off with a simple "please make this happen"!

Hugs, hang in there!

PS I totally agree with Aunt Jackie!

Tink said...

...and there will be booze. Don't forget the booze. Oh, and laughter. We're going to have such a good time. My feet get all fidgety thinking about it.