Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Boozehounds and Meme's

My little boozehounds. Actually I was in the kitchen getting a cup of coffee this morning when I turned around and there was Lily happily licking at the cap of our bottle of Irish Cream. And I'm thinking to myself, "this is why I loved that dog." So I ran and got the camera and then just hoped that she might do it some more. Well, she did, and then the other dogs took interest. So basically I have a house full of booze hounds.


Playing with the camera last night I was trying to get a picture of Max. This one cracked me up. You can see Sophie's paw pushing him out of the way so she can be closer to mom.






Caleb and Lily both like to lay on the chair with their little rumps hanging off the front. Of course before I could grab the camera and take a picture Lily jumped off the chair but Caleb hung around so I could at least show you one of the two being cute.





And then he really turned into a ham and started thrashing around on his back for me.





And now for a little Chirstmas Spirit: A holiday Meme:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate – Swiss Miss came out with Chocolate Sensation – it’s a darker, richer chocolate flavor. I love hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps and whipped cream on top. Yum.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
I am a very poor wrapper. But I try. The hubster usually runs around Christmas morning grabbing random boxes, bags, and towels to wrap up my gifts then presents them to me.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I switch back and forth. I find houses with white lights cozy and inviting, but some folks use green and or blue and I seem to find that very inviting too. Colored lights tend toward the more fun and playful feel. I currently have white lights but I just added little snowmen and though they use white lights their mittens are colored glass so I now have color in my yard.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No and since I am married to the original Grinch there really isn’t a point.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
After Thanksgiving. Or, since we are in Minnesota the closest warm weekend to Thanksgiving. If it’s going to be 70 the weekend before, damn straight I’m putting those lights up. I just won’t turn them on till after the holiday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ham – I love love love ham.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
My first real white Christmas. It was in New Jersey and it was magical.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What that Santa actually has more than just one night to deliver because the earth is so huge there are multiple time zones? You mean that truth? I think I was in high school when that dawned on me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Let’s just say the hubster and I give each other a gift under the Christmas tree.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Colored lights, and eclectic ornaments dating back to my first Christmas 30+ years ago.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love love love it! Dread driving anywhere in it though.

12. Can you ice skate?
Haven’t done so since I was a wee lass. But since we have free skating here in the city I plan to do so during lunch as often as possible this winter. It’s just now finally cold enough for the ice to stay frozen.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I have to say it was my Ipod last year.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Chocolate Pecan Pie. Though it might be Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies but I haven’t tried those yet. I just hear they are great!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Listening to the Roger Whittaker Christmas Album. It’s just not Christmas without it. My family is so far away that the holidays aren’t as special for me anymore. But when I listen to this album it’s as if they are right there with me and I feel a little less alone.


17. What tops your tree?
An angel I picked up when I worked at Lenox. She holds a single light in her hand. She’s wearing an ivory gown and she has ivory wings. She’s just beautiful.
My parents have a little angel from Israel, his gown is the Israeli flag. When you blend two religions together things tend to get a little “untraditional” so the Christmas tree has always been referred to as the Chanukah bush.


18. Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving presents?
Giving, I get so excited when I find the really great, perfect gifts for the ones I love.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Darcy the Dragon. It’s on the Roger Whittaker album. It’s about a dragon that lives near a town. He wants to buy his forest friends presents so he goes shopping. Only when he goes into the store and talks to the shop keepers he tends to start the building on fire. So the town sadly has to ban him from visiting. But then in his anguish he gets so upset that he inhales a lot of winter. And that puts the fire out. So now he can go visit the town again and buy gifts for his friends.

20. Candy Canes Yuck or Yum?
Yum, and they are really good crushed up into chocolate or cookies, or icecream, or, well, the list is long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

19. Roger Whittaker is pretty cool. For me, its the soundtrack to "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by Vince Guaraldi. I have this playing non-stop from Thanksgiving to New Years. Its like my own private muzak.

Tink said...

Great pictures of the pups! Mine lay with their back legs out too. I call it the "Frog Stance."

6. Mmmmm. Hoop's family buys a honey ham for every special occasion. I can't possibly refuse it. I'm going to get so fat!

9. LOL! *Pulls head out of gutter*

19. Alright, I'm curious now. *Runs off to listen to it on Amazon*

Kell said...

Great meme. Loved the photos too. They are soooo cute!

#6--We get a ham every year from this place: http://www.petitjeanmeats.com/
It's in Arkansas and is the best we've ever had. It's already cooked, just heat it in the oven for a few hours.

#17--"chanukah bush" *snort*

Jay said...

Love the dogs hitting the booze. When I was in college once my two rooomies and I had a black lab. We gave him a beer one night. He took a couple of tastes and looked at me a whined. I'm pretty sure he was just a beer snob though. He would have prefered a good microbrew or import.

Love the meme.