Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Drivel

How in the world is Thanksgiving next week?

Weren’t we just ringing in the new year?

And what the hell happened to my summer?

Melatonin rocks!
Thank you to those who told me to try it.

I’m sleeping like a baby now.

Of course it helps to not have a deathly dread of going to work anymore.

Speaking of work – I love love love going to work now.

I haven’t had that in so long.

I wasn’t sure if I would ever truly like going to work.

But I’m happy to say that now, I do.

I brought in doughnuts for my group.

When I handed one of the girls the box the guy in her cube said:
“Shut-up you did not bring doughnuts!”

My boss’s son got sick during the Lion King last night.

Barfed chunks right in the lobby.

Only because no one would get out of their way in the rush to the restroom

Taught them a lesson about courtesy didn’t it?

He was sound asleep in her chair this morning.

With his head hanging upside down.

That can’t be comfortable. But I guess when you are six, it works just fine.

She only brought him in because she had to interview a few candidates.

Poor lil peanut.

Now they are gone, him to bed, her to work at home.

Caleb and I were ruff housing this morning. That, my friends, is progress.

And Lily attempted to drag a baby up the stairs and into the living room.

Did I mention it was a six pack of bottled water?

Made for a most amusing few minutes of my morning.

She eventually gave up and decided to take the towel hanging on the fridge instead.

And later I noticed she stole one of my slippers from upstairs.

And a pair of hubsters underwear

And a sock

And a t-shirt

And a different sock

And a boot

7 comments:

Christy said...

Melatonin upsets my stomach. I'm happy to hear it works for you. I stick to the Equate sleeping pill. Sucks that I have to be drugged to sleep. My mind just won't stop working!

Jay said...

LOL ... Lily the cute klepto strikes again! ;-)

Kell said...

She's like a little bird that takes shiny objects to her nest. That's too cute.

And what is it with them and underwear? Our dog loved my husband's sweaty gym shirts.

R.E.H. said...

I envy you loving to go to work... I, myself, consider bringing a tank of gasoline and take up smoking again... just for that one day.

Oooops!

Coffespaz said...

LOL...nothing like a scavenger hunt in your own home!

Nice that you like going to work, makes all the difference doesn't it? :-)

J-Funk said...

I'm so glad to hear you like your new job! You made a super-fast and easy transition, that's so great. Cheers to new beginnings on the right road!

Tink said...

Ok, that's freakin weird. I ALMOST used that post title on Friday. I mean, I even looked up the word "drivel" to make sure it meant what I thought it meant.

Get out of my head. ;)