Monday, October 22, 2007

WWC

REFLECTION

My shoes are a reflection of who I am

Reflection: As seen through a mirrorReflection of my sunny personality
DISGUISE
Sophie is disguised as a bad dog

I tried to disguise myself but my reflection gave me away
As of Tuesday early morning it looks like my parents home is still standing. The fire storm through their area destroyed well over 100 homes. But it looks like it is moving east. It's up to the winds as to where that fire will spread. I was looking through the news stations all day trying to help my parents. I have to say that when Paris Hilton goes to jail there is no lack of information and detail. When hundreds of thousands of people are evacuated and their entire lively hood is at stake you get bup-kiss. There is information out there but trying to find out specifics is not easy. You really have to hunt around for the information you truly need. Now if you want video and pictures of devastation, no problem. But try and get an updated status on highway 15 closures and you really have to hunt. It sucks. If I was not good at working the internet I would be having a miserable time trying to find out real information. God forbid the media be informative rather than sensationalist.


11 comments:

J said...

That's good to hear. I was thinking about your folks all morning while reading the status reports about the fires. As much as I'd love for them to move to MN, losing your home and possessions to fire is not a good way to go about it.

graymama said...

Thank God your parents are okay, and hopefully their house will be, too. I have been praying for them and all of the families touched by the fire storm. Please keep us updated!

BTW, I LOVE that you have a jersey that says NEWT :-)

Tink said...

That last picture is PRICELESS!

I love the one of Sophie too. I keep trying to convince Hoop to let me dress up the dogs. He's completely against it. Maybe I'll just do it anyway. Hehe.

Jay said...

Bad to the bone .... LOL .. I love that.

Hopefully your parents will be spared and the fire will continue to move away from them.

Anonymous said...

Glad your parent's place is still around and that they got away safely. Hope they can get back soon.

Kell said...

Glad to hear your parent's home has escaped the fire. I hope that continues.

I love the last picture best. How clever you are to combine the words.

Karen said...

Bad to the Bone cracked me up. I am glad your parent's are spared so far. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

R.E.H. said...

I guess I'm on par with the others here.

The "Bad to the Bone" pic put a smile on my face, and God knows I needed that today.

That last one was really clever.

And, thank you for commenting on my blog as well.

Chelle Y. said...

I love that doggie shirt! Great pictures this week!

I am in the Bay Area, and have been keeping an eye on the fires. It's so sad! I happy to hear your parents home is okay.

Christy said...

It is difficult to keep up with the news on the fire. It seems like it is just quite uncertain.

I'm glad your parents home is still standing. That must be awfully frightening!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I'm so glad that your parent's home was fine (except for that horrible alarm!)

I agree that the media just stinks at giving out real information. Coming from San Diego we have so many friends still there (not to mention my parent's house) Thankfully all was ok with them as well. With only one person having to evacuate.