Tuesday, October 10, 2006

7 Years Later

So now you know the love story of Newt and the Hubster. Thankfully I can say that we have a wonderful and loving marriage. The hubster took my breath away over the weekend and made me realize just how deeply he loves me. We were listening to the radio while cleaning out the garage and they mentioned the Star Trek auction at Christies. The hubster suddenly let out a “Damn, I didn’t realize it was this weekend.” “Shoot, I thought it was a week away.” I was a little surprised about his outburst. So I asked him why he cared when the auction was. He said “Well, they were auctioning off Capt. Picard’s flute from your favorite episode. They expected it to sell for between 8 and 1200 dollars. I wanted to bid on it for you.”

I was struck a little dumb. I mean, the hubster will be the first to admit he’s cheap. So I was speechless as to the fact that he would be willing to spend $1200 dollars for a t.v. show prop.

He emailed me on Monday and said that the flute went for a mere $48,000. Holy shit! He said he would have gone to $2000 without hesitating but $48,000 – Uh, NO!

So just the thought that he wanted to do this for me had my head spinning in the romance clouds. But then, as we were talking to Boy J and R about it last night he further mentioned that the damn flute doesn’t even work. It’s just a painted metal tube. It won’t even play music.

That’s when I fell off the couch. My sweet sweet hubster was willing to blow $2000 dollars on his wife for a tube of metal. How SWEET is that?

6 comments:

Jay said...

Well maybe he can go to the hardware store and buy a metal tube and make one for you. haha

$48,000? I just hate the way that the price of memorabilia is so out of control. The price gets run up by internet gamlbing companies and people with more money than sense.

graymama said...

Okay, so now I am crying uncontrollably!

That is one of my 3 favorite TNG episodes, and I always cry when I watch it.

Could your Hubster be anymore fabulous and romantic?!

Kell said...

Very, very sweet indeed! I love that episode, too. What a guy!

Tink said...

2K on a decorative metal tube! You have a keeper there girl. That man has a heart of gold. And it's all yours.

PS. I had no idea you were a Trekki! ;)

Joy Des Jardins said...

That is MORE than sweet Newt. Cheers to you and the Hubster.

Tink said...

"Come out come out where ever you arrrre!"

Everything OK?